Sunday, December 17, 2006

What I have been doing lately?

Well I have been splitting my time between work and family mainly. At work I have been working on developing a couple of web base systems to enhance they way we use the web in house. A few months ago I started re-vamping our company's website as I learned PHP with MySQL. Now that I have a better grasp of the coding. Hopefully by spring I'll have that website redone again to modernize how people interact with it. (Web 2.0 and all that jazz) I am also re-working our Intranet to be more useful to our staff and students. My boss and I worked on a contacting system for people to sign up their email or cell phone to receive notifications when school is closed or delayed. It works great, just working the bugs out now, and then we might dump it on Source Forge to others to have. You see our current efforts here.

As for home I have been cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning. I took a bunch of clothes over to a hip consignment shop and they told me they didn't want any of my clothes since they wouldn't sell. Guess I'm too old for Plato's Closet. I ended up dropping the clothes off at the D.A.V. thrift store. I have built my second garden box (out of six) and clean the yard of leaves. If it stays warm next week, I'll build my compost bin out of wooden pallets and try to knock out some more garden boxes. Anyway that is what I have been doing and will be doing until something else comes along and distracts me.

No comments: